If you choose to apply for a rented property through Pastor Real Estate, in addition to the rent, prior to the commencement of the tenancy you will be required to pay the following:
Preparation of Tenancy Agreement Fee – Tenant share: £300 including VAT. Contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement.
Referencing Fee: £48 including VAT per person. Reference checks for each person applying for the tenancy and for each guarantor who may be required. To include identity, immigration & visa confirmation, financial credit checks, references from current & previous employers/landlords any other relevant information to assess affordability.
Renewal of Tenancy Fee – Tenant share: £120 including VAT. If you decide to renew your tenancy agreement after the initial term, there will be a further charge of for the negotiation, amending of terms and preparation of the tenant renewal documentation.
Security Deposit: Equivalent to six week’s rent. All rental properties require a deposit to be taken and held as security throughout the term of the tenancy. Pastor Real Estate is a member of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (The TDS) and the deposit is registered and protected under the Scheme and returned to you after the end of the tenancy, less any agreed deductions.
Pet Deposit: Equivalent of four week’s rent. Additional security depositto pay for the added risk of property damage and will be protected with your security deposit in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and may be returned to you at the end of the tenancy.
Inventory Charges: £160 – £375 including VAT (approximate cost depending on the size of the property). In most rentals tenants will be responsible for paying for the inventory check-out cost upon ending a tenancy. The check-out will provide an updated Schedule of Condition based on the original inventory.
Professional Cleaning: £20 per hour including VAT. At the end of tenancy, tenants will normally be responsible for paying for a professional clean of the property in order to return the property to the same condition as at the start of the tenancy. Costs may vary and may be subject to additional charges for Congestion and parking.
Please call to speak to a member of staff should you require further information on these charges.
- Rent is payable in advance, usually monthly or otherwise as agreed.
- When you apply for a tenancy of a property, you will be required to make a Payment of Intent which is usually equivalent to one week’s rent.
- This Payment of Intent will be offset against the total of initial monies required before the commencement of tenancy.
- The payment formalises your intent to proceed with an application for a tenancy, subject to contract, This is generally non-refundable if you change your mind about the property or if you fail the appropriate reference checks.
- Should the landlord withdraw for any reason other than inadequate references, then the Payment of Intent will be refunded in full.
- Should the reason be for inadequate references, then the Payment of Intent will be refunded less the referencing charges as detailed above and an administration fee of £60 including VAT.
Pastor Real Estate is an ARLA Licensed Member with Client Money Protection provided by ARLA
Pastor Real Estate is a member of The Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme
If you have property you are considering letting and wish to find out more about how we could assist, details are available in the SERVICES section of this website under Property Letting and Property Management. We can assist with the promotion of your property, securing reliable tenants and ongoing management of the property for you and the tenant.